I am coming to the end of week 1 of the Paleo challenge and I feel pretty good. I didn't get enough sleep this week, which is defnitely hindering my performance, but I know that I am going to have to commit and get focused on the sleep for the coming week.
This week also revealed some training changes that I will need to make to be successful. I am only able to get in 2 WODs a week @ RVC, which means that I need to earmark some times during the week to conquer two additional WODs on my own. Because I also like the idea of training for endurance, I am starting to look @ SFCF as their trainers are incredibly knowledgeable in Crossfit Endurance training.
12 Weeks to Change!
My hope is that I can reduce the number of classes I teach and increase my own training over the next 12 weeks. While the RVC Paleo Challenge is 6 weeks, I am adding another 6 weeks for my own personal challenges and to hit my goals. I want to be leaner, stronger, faster and have markedly improved endurance for my runs.
Changes/Realizations @ the end of Week One of the Paleo Challenge?
- my digestion has improved. I had the worst time transitioning over to the Paleo diet and experimenting with lots of foods.
- the food diary not only keeps me accountable, but is helping me to determine which foods are good for me/make me feel good & which foods make me feel like crap.
- I am a little less grumpy...no really, it's true. I am sure that more sleep will only help this.
- that there are days when I don't sleep enough or drink enough water and my performance and overall mood is greatly affected on those days. My Tuesday run was slow and sloppy as a result of both of these.
- how I eat. I pretty much knew that I was a grazer, but by tracking all of my food/drink intake, I realized that I basically eat about every 2 hours.
- some of the inflammation is gone and my sinuses are improving.
- the point and prize system & knowing that I am going on the Fat Truck in 5 weeks is a strong incentive to stay on target.
This week I will experiment with a few of the recipes and will post them later in the week.
Off to RVC now - fully fueled and hydrated and ready to go!